VoIP Solutions have been widely embraced by both individuals and businesses. It’s because for certain consumers, switching from a tolled PSTN network to toll-free internet connections can save a lot of money. Of course, there are additional advantages in terms of improved operational processes and customer care standards.
Many people are curious about whether VoIP Solutions make a beneficial impact, especially in the educational sector. The answer is an unequivocal YES, and it’s not just for education. They will benefit any campus that contains several structures or locations.
VoIP on Campuses
With an HR department, financial team, procurement officials, and other vital business functions, schools and universities are managed in the same manner as any other company. These teams are aided by education-specific features such as curriculum development and student administration. Other services that may be provided include postgraduate help; housekeeping; meal reservations; and so on.
The success of every educational institution relies on its students. To accommodate both old and new students, VoIP offers many benefits:
- When it comes to calling/hunting groups, timeliness is critical in handling incoming calls. Pickup also allows unattended desk staff to take calls when the called party is unavailable.
- With SIP technology, VoIP conversations can be made through a smart device app, which is useful when you’re on the go and need to be contacted. This system allows staff to remain reachable at all times if they are within campus WiFi range.
- Sometimes, an event has to be shown in several places simultaneously. A good example is when a graduation ceremony that’s happening on one campus is streamed to all the other campuses. For graduations completed remotely, this is increasingly important.
- Many students now use social media to connect with their e-learning courses and materials. Being able to access these tools via smart devices is increasingly becoming essential for many students’ education.
- WhatsApp and other similar platforms have become popular among professors for communicating with students. In addition, online submissions and social media collaboration are becoming more common for assignments.
- Using VoIP and video conferencing, educational networks in many countries make it easy for primary and secondary schools, colleges, and universities to interact with each other on both a one-on-one and group basis.
Safety and Security
Students and personnel can utilize an emergency contact on their smart device if SIP/VoIP is linked to a WiFi network. This number is available for them to call for assistance if they require it.VoIP Solutions are not only affordable for educational institutions, but also improve communication among staff and students while creating opportunities to partner with other schools. At TSC VoIP, we currently offer a full complement of VoIP and UCaaS services.
We are also pleased to offer no-cost, no-obligation quotes for business class phone systems and service. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business!